Contingency Plan and “Clean & Safe” procedures
The current context related to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis forced us to adopt extraordinary measures in defense of public health and compliance with the directives of the Directorate General for Health and the Government of the Portuguese Republic.
At The 7 Hotel, a plan was drawn up and we complied with the required “Clean & Safe” procedures, which allow us to guarantee the hygiene and safety of our Clients and Employees.
In addition to wearing a mask and respecting social distance, all Employees received information and/or specific training on the Internal Protocol on the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak and how to comply with the basic precautions for prevention and control of infection in relation to the outbreak. , including hand hygiene procedures, respiratory etiquette and social conduct.
The 7 Hotel has personal protective equipment, cleaning materials, personal hygiene equipment and an isolation place. It ensures the washing and disinfection of the places where employees and customers circulate and the reinforcement of hygiene in the breakfast area. The cleaning and sanitizing protocol guarantees specific care with the clothes and cleaning of the rooms, and the operation ensures that it is able to activate all the procedures as indicated by the DGS.
We will now inform you of some of the main measures:
Entrance to the Hotel – Arrivals:
- We will check the body temperature of those who enter the Hotel
- Luggage is disinfected on arrival and is only handled by the customer;
- We will organize the luggage service for groups so that the bags are left at the doors of the rooms;
- Kit Covid-19 available at reception at an additional cost;
- We will mark the social distance with marks on the floor in front of the reception;
- All Collaborators will wear a mask;
- Each Receptionist will use a complete and exclusive workstation and sanitize it at the end of each shift;
- We will keep disinfectants available for Customers to use;
- It will be explained to the Customer that he will only be able to access breakfast when there is a table or place available, in order to avoid crowding;
- We will ask the customer to favor telephone contact with all the Hotel services;
- We will maintain the concern and regularly disinfect the reception desk, TPA’s, Keypasses and other items of regular contact by the Customer;
- We will restrict the number of simultaneous users in elevators and advertise it visibly inside and outside the car
- We will install a hand sanitizer dispenser in each elevator;
- Signal information on the frequency of hygiene applied in the accommodation units;
- Allocate rooms alternately (1 in 1 or 2 in 2) on each floor;
- All Floor and Cleaning Personnel use the PPE (personal protective equipment) previously defined (masks, gloves, gowns…);
- We will leave the used rooms at rest (24h to 48h) before cleaning whenever possible;
Restaurant (Áurea Room):
- The breakfast room will ensure that everyone who works in it and who frequents it is aware of the need to comply with the rules, correct hand washing, respiratory etiquette, as well as other personal and environmental hygiene measures.
- We will reduce the maximum capacity of the room in order to ensure the recommended physical distance (2 meters) between people on the premises and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Prevent customers from changing the orientation of tables and chairs.
- Arrange, whenever possible, chairs and tables so as to guarantee a distance of at least 2 meters between people.
- Remove decorative motifs on tables.
- Replace individual menus with menus that do not need to be manipulated by customers or menus that are plastic-coated and disinfected after each use.
- Ensure good ventilation and frequent air change in restaurant areas.
- Ensure compliance with the measures provided for in the HACCP.
- We will have a disinfectant gel at the entrance for Customers to use;
- It will be explained to the Customer that he will only be able to access the breakfast room when there is a table or place available, in order to avoid crowding;
- We will replace “buffets” with “Table d’Hôte” or “à la carte” services;
- All Collaborators will wear masks;
These procedures can be changed whenever necessary or when the directives of the Directorate General of Health and the Government of the Portuguese Republic so require.